The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Need help for Heuer Autavia 1163 HP second edition

Hi Daniele,
Yes chrono module seems to have mixed parts (jumper springs 8270 and 8705 are the heavier ones of an early cal11 but the hammer 8220 is close (in order to hold the hammer cam jumper) as in the cal12.
See here:

http://onthedash.com/docs/ChronomaticMovements.html

From the image I cannot see if the oscillating pinion is the bimetallic one (cal11) or the stainless steel one (cal11i and 12).

An easy way is to check two things:

- if the date changes between 23.45 and 24.00 is for sure an early cal11 beating at 19800 vph;
- if instead the date changes slowly between 22.00 and 24.00 then could be a cal11i or a rare transitional cal12 with nickel plated chassis, at this point you need to put the watch on the timing machine and check the beat: 19800 vph is cal11i while 21600 vph is cal12.

Hope this helps.

Best.

Gianluca

Messages In This Thread

Need help for Heuer Autavia 1163 HP second edition *PIC*
Re: Need help for Heuer Autavia 1163 HP second edition
Re: Need help for Heuer Autavia 1163 HP second edition *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE