The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
There is a famous 'Albino' ... :)

Yes and no, Jeff !! It is not really a confusing nick as many watch collectors know the famous Rolex Daytona Clapton ALBINO !!

And if you look at the dial closely - i am pretty sure SINGER made them both - there was a short time frame, end of 60s, when these kind of dials
were made. By Rolex it is a over 500k watch - with Heuer, you can get a same beautiful watch for less ! :)

All the best !
Werner

photo DaytonaAlbino-2-Medium_zpsd34zaiio.jpg

: So if every second execution Carrera 2447S has this same paint
: on the dial and registers, it seems simpler just to call them
: "Second Execution 2447S" Carreras. Or maybe I am still
: missing something??

: Nicknames can be fun and useful, but they can also be confusing
: when they aren't describing a distinctive / different watch or
: feature. With all due respect, of course!!

: Yes, I resisted the "Dark Lord" name for the longest
: time, but it is easier to use in a chat than "Monaco
: Reference 74033 N".

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE