The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: More info: Autavia 11630 KAF / Mil serial numbers

I definitely agree there is a variety of dial and hand combinations, so probably Heuer used what they had, so you are right! Some of the hands I believe were changed in service (or by the seller) as they are just flat out wrong. I do believe the service of these watches was very basic as they are mostly in terrible condition, not just case/bezel, but dial & hands as well.

We did ask Jack Heuer if he remembered about the KAF, but he said he didn't. Jack Heuer was always a forward looking guy, so by the late 70's / early 80's he was more interested in new designs and technology like quartz - he was really proud of Heuer's early quartz watches. It's quite possible he was not very interested or involved in the old lines, so hence his likely lack of memory on the topic.

Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE