The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer gmt, cal 11 in 11630 case, dial combo

Hi gents,

If you dont mind I would like to revisit a Heuer from the Watches of Knightsbridge auction in March.
Here is the link to the watch, it is a "nos" Heuer gmt.

https://whitelabel.globalauctionplatform.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/watchesofknightsbridge/catalogue-id-srwatc10019/lot-a5b8dd74-7beb-4b9f-ae91-a72400a8d4b6?clienturl=watchesofknightsbridge

I am quite curious to hear opinions because after spending a considerable amount of time on otd. I dont think this watch should exist.
Without going into iterations of dials movements etc, the dial, case, movement, hands combination and the serial number dont add up. Normally speaking i would write it off as a franken, but i have seen and handled the watch and it really is (almost) nos.
Has anybody ever seem a similar watch?
Look forward to your thoughts, input, observations and theories.
Thanks.

Kind regards,

Karel

Messages In This Thread

Heuer gmt, cal 11 in 11630 case, dial combo
The dial, hands, bezel and case seem correct...but
Re: The dial, hands, bezel and case seem correct...but
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE