The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some Thoughts re This Siffert

Thanks for your posting.

Everything appears to be "correct" with this watch -- Mark 6, with the numerals 1-through-12 on the hour recorder, and the brushed steel time-of-day hands, with the blue triangular tips. There seems to be a fair amount of dirt / grime on the dial, especially around the "Autavia" and the Heuer shield. Usually, these dials stay fairly clean, but something has gotten into this one.

In terms of the value, I would put it in the $8,000 range. The "Sifferts" have been kind of quiet these past couple of years, as the earlier Autavias have moved higher.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello to everyone and greetings to all Heuer fans.
: Looking for some info about my Friends 'Jo Siffert' MK6 Autavia. As
: you can see, it doesn't come on GF bracelet, only a leather
: strap with original Heuer buckle. No box or papers i'm afraid,
: they were misplaced years ago.
: So can you give me your opinion on the general condition, and what
: kind of prices do these fetch these days (i know it's not
: 'Chronomatic' but it doesn't hurt to know a general value)?

: Thank you for all the info gentleman

: Some pics

:

:

:

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Autavia 'Siffert' MK6 info
Some Thoughts re This Siffert
Re: Some Thoughts re This Siffert
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE