The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavias
In Response To: Re: Autavias ()

Personally lets say 30 exist in correct serial range so far, I would say more like 30% have that issue, some may ser it different but I prefer those consistent marks to generally dirty/marked/scratched subs myself. My point is that whatever watch we discuss, quality/originality/condition is critical, and will only get more so in the future. For me difference between best and average for age is 50% less and to below average more again still. I always grade watches by giving marks out of ten to originality, then dial, then bezel than movement, 9/10 overall condition is very rare, 6-7/10 much more common.

hi Rich,
: nice to hear from you.
: the reserve of the 3646..., of cause too high, clumsy or seller do
: not really want to sell...

: the 2446 2nd, main issue is 8 of 10 have the typical 9 to 3 crack
: on the dial, which this one do not have. if there are 30 pieces
: around, less than 10 excisted without crack?

: for me the nicest dial

: best regards
: mich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE