The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Lack of Vibe

There was good attendance, with many locals from HK and the mainland. A few folks from other Asian countries and, as I have come to expect, a good number of Italian dealers.
With the Heuers at the beginning of the auction, I could not get any sense beforehand and there was certainly no buzz about the Heuers.
I think the 3647S was the second Heuer, and when it hit $8k (overly polished and 75% lume dots missing), I said oh boy, here we go.......only never to materialize.

My views, and my views only.......
1. Aurel Bacs is as good a watch auctioneer as they come. He keeps your attention and enjoys a little jesting with the bidders.
2. Lack of sport Rolexes and vintage chronographe, plus the multitude of gem encrusted watches. I think this kept potential buyers away and those that might have looked at the Heuers. Today, you cannot solely have watches in you auctions that suit your local market.....internet and phone bidders a plenty.

Anyway, always have fun coming to the HK auctions and a shout out to Christie's and it's crew for allowing me to fondle the June Heuers.

Brook
Texas, USA

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE