The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 844 dial, can it be for real?
In Response To: 844 dial, can it be for real? ()

Hi Thomas, sorry but I have to agree with my learned friends also. I discussed this watch in passing with Justin when it was on Ebay and neither of us were very complimentary. My opinion is that it is a put-together of parts-possibly none Heuer. There were some 'prototype' Heuer divers with the long/narrow triangle, but I've not seen a jumbo size like this.

Hopefully you can get a refund.
Best,
Steve

: Hi all,

: I recently purchased a 844 Monnin. The watch appear to be in good
: shape and has been stored in vault for last many years according
: to seller.

: Inside the watch the movement and the back case looks to be
: alright.

: There are though a few discrepancies on the dial and hands that I
: was hoping to get your guys expert advise on. The triangle is
: much more narrow than usual and the 24hr indications are further
: from the hour markings. Can it be real in some shape or form?

: PICs available from ebay add
: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252942209442?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

: Hope for your comments.

: Best regards,
: Thomas
: Denmark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE