The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bonhams London sale

Point taken, but it's the same at Phillips, Christie's or Bonhams - everyone pays pays hammer price plus buyers' premium and 20% tax on the premium only - (not on the Hammer price with premium)

Importantly, if you're outside the EU, ie in the U.S. or China or Japan, then the tax on the buyers' premium is either not charged or recouped at export.

Auction plays a vitally important part in setting public prices for watches. If you're sensible then buying at auction can present great opportunities, you just need to be aware - so if say your personal limit for a particular watch is net $1000 then don't bid higher than $770/80

: Ciao Ben, in my opinion there are some interesting watches but if
: you considering potential hammer price + premium price (25%) +
: VAT (20%) I'm not sure that this auction can be an opportunity
: for us. It's my opinion, of course.

: What do you think about this?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE