The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Out of curiosity then Jeff/anyone-

are you able to see any of my photos then? Like this imgur-hosted diver for example...

I switched to imgur from ' tinypic' a while ago (as it was so ad-laden) and now use it for all my image hosting-
all my WRUW, my Chronomatic pics etc AND all the Camaros images attached to the database......I haven't had any issues viewing anything myself, but my (own) company has no such viewing restrictions! I wasn't aware anyone else has such an issue.

As a user, imgur is fantastic and so easy/quick to use. I have considered that it would be difficult if they went 'kaput'...but then the images are all downloadable anyway, if a migration is needed.

Thanks
Steve

: One big drawback to Imgur -- it is often blocked by networks,
: including, for example, my office network. So from my office PC,
: all I see of Imgur images are tiny red "X"s.

: Perhaps the site once had a lot of NSFW content? Perhaps it will
: change over time?

: I understand that Imgur is excellent from the user perspective, but
: this widespread blocking will be a problem for your intended
: audience.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE