The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Looked Good at Home / Blocked at My Office

Thanks Jeff. I had a quick look and it seems there are some relatively easy workarounds to access Imgur images even when blocked by a company. However that isn't the point obviously (and is merely a temporary and painstaking workaround, to have to do it every time).

My thoughts are also that any other widely-used hosting outfit which may be accessible today, could easily be blocked tomorrow if someone in an IT dept deems it fit.
I'm hopeful someone with far more IT prowess than me will come up with something though!
S

: Impossible to view any Imgur images here at the office.

: I did some research, and this seems to be a common problem, on
: private / corporate networks. So Imgur is a nice site, and easy
: to use, but some percentage of your readers will find it
: frustrating.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE