The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
About the Submariner 5513
In Response To: Re: Four for the Fourth ()

Ralf:

Well, if you had told me a week ago that I would be wearing this 5513, with the metal on the markers (circa 1988), I would have said, "No way!"

But here's how it happened -- I have made two previous attempts to buy a real vintage 5513, and both have been disasters -- cases; dials; bezels; hands from a variety of decades, all on the same watch. I will definitely make another attempt at one of these older 5513s, but in the meanwhile, I am enjoying this one. Full set (box; papers; hang tag; booklets; etc.) . . . beautiful condition . . . running well . . . all at less than half the price of the two previous attempts.

So shout out if you know of a great, old, honest 5513 (and even better if you would take this neo-vintage 5513 as part of the exchange). But please let me enjoy this one for a while longer . . . it's stuck on my wrist right now!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Very nice, Jeff
: The Excelsior Park is stunning, has been also sold by Sinn with the
: Sinn letter on the dial and the rest of the dial identically.
: Co-Pilot is a dream, a simply perfect sized tri-cmpax beauty.
: 5513 is nice but I`d let this one go as the matte dial 5513
: versions with the painted only hour markers are simply the real
: McCoy when it comes to the 5513 generations (not to mention the
: early gilt dial executions).
: I also like the golden brown GMT a lot.
: Sincere regards,
: Ralf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE