The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This is the best I can offer!
In Response To: Wow, really helpful comparison ()

Here you go Rob-I don't have a 73653 but here we have-

L-1153
M- 1163 (V) (Schmitz case)
R- 73453

I really thought the 1163 would tower over the other two-but evidently not! It actually looks smaller but that's due to the fall-away sides. It's the bezel that increases the overall height...and maybe makes it feel top heavy as you put it. I also feel the smaller diameter case back fascia may have something to do with this-as there is less skin contact...perhaps? (especially on the Schmitz)

Interesting (but not totally surprising) that the 1153 and the 73453 are almost identical in overall height.
Best,
Steve

: I had no idea the two register 73353s were so much slimmer. Very
: interesting, given the 73653 is also a manually wound Valjoux
: movement. Your observation about the caseback bringing the 73653
: "into" the wrist is astute as well...the Cal 11/12/15
: required such a deeper case than its predecessors, which likely
: led Heuer to increase the case size so as to even it out
: proportionally on the wrist.

: Would also be great to see a side-by-side of the 1163 Autavia
: versus the 73653 Carrera.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE