The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
WatchGirl001 was the Seller of the Dial
In Response To: Congratulations ()

Watchgirl001 was the seller of this dial . . . here is her eBay profile.

My dealings with her re this dial were strange . . . perfectly cordial text messages; then she sent some additional photos . . . still very pleasant; I was going to make an offer, but was in a meeting . . . all good, both sides; and then she ended the auction . . . still very pleasant, as I congratulated her on the successful sale.

Then she went hostile, saying that she was no longer willing to work with me directly, perhaps when she saw that I had posted the photo of the dial on this forum. The irony, of course, is that we had never "worked directly", just a lot of text messages, but I never made any offers on any of her items, and she never offered an item to me. She also asked me not to bid on any of her items going forward, which is a request that I can live with.

On the previous IMS Autavia dial that she had listed (maybe in May), I know that at least one member of our community found her very difficult to deal with . . . as he tells it, they had a handshake on a price, and then she reneged, demanding a higher price. Sort of a classic "he said . . . she said" scenario.

During the most recent listing, I asked her whether she has more of these "special" dials, and she took the "no comment" approach. So I am guessing that we will see more of them, either on eBay or more likely in private sales.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: First of all my congratulations to Carlo for bagging this dial,
: it's a very special piece of Heuer history and from what I have
: heard thru the grapevine there was quite a battle going on in
: the background to bring it home, so it surely was/is a desirable
: part for all Heuer guys who are passionate about Heuer.
: (personally I had no interest, so I was not involved to get this
: dial at all, to make clear ;-) ) I also think like Richard...the
: dial was no reject, looks pretty much OK and in line with the
: very few other ones we saw (both Carrera and Autavia).

: Does anybody know if there were more of these dials available from
: the source this one came from? I presume it must be? Do you
: happen to know Carlo?

: A set of correct 3646 Autavia hands would be nice to replace the
: Carrera (?) hands...but I'm sure that will be corrected soon as
: well.

: Beautifull watch Carlo, wear it in best of health...

: Best,
: abel.

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE