The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
...or what's it worth to me?

I can confirm I bought the watch. Normally I don't like to discuss watches before they are in my hands but I'm sure the seller is a decent guy who will stick to the deal.

I can't comment on the spread of values that Jeff lists except to agree with John that they are not statistically significant given the small samples. That's the point for me rather than value, this first exec Seafarer is something I've dreamed of finding since I saw one in the Heuer museum so I am really excited about it. It's true that the Ebay one is in "slightly" worse condition than the perfect one in the Heuer museum, but for me these crazily patinated dials are part of the charm of the old Seafarers. Yes, I am sure the scratch above the name depressed the value but the point is these old Seafarers are now very rare, and the first execution version is incredibly rare.

More reports once the watch arrives, with maybe some colour from the seller who has had a huge amount of experience in the watch treasure hunting game.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE