The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: From the Mid-to-Late 1950s -- Ref 405 or 415

: That's a beautiful watch, and it dates from the mid-to-late
: 1950s. It appears to be gold, in which case it is either the
: Reference 405 (gold plated) or Reference 415 (14 karat). If you
: can check for markings, or post a photo of the case-back, then
: we can solve this mystery. There may be serial and reference
: numbers, between the lugs, where the strap attaches, and these
: numbers would be helpful.

: In either event, this reference number will be followed by the
: "P", for the pulsations scale on the dial.

: Let's see more of your beautiful watch and we will be able to tell
: you more about it.

: Thanks for posting your message.

Thanks Jeff. Here are 3 more photographs I just took. It's a Galaxy S6 and I am not Ansel Adams. That's my caveat! ;-) I cannot see where to find the markings / serial numbers? I am afraid to take the straps off - the pins could shoot anywhere and I would never find them - especially with my cataracts. And yes - the wood floor does nothing for the photo. Our farm was built in 1778 by a soldier in the Continental Army. He wasn't trying to get graded on style points! We are all quite amazed the house still stands 250 years later.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE