The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
found a pic showing Bus Mosbacher wearing the Intrepid watch

crazy, on my endless searches through the web for my research about the Skipper, Yachtings, Regattas I found that cool pic!

To me it seems it is the Heuer Aquastar 5 dot with Felsa 4000N on the wrist of the Skipper, you can see the case shape and the 2 crowns very good!

It shows Bus Mosbacher Posing with Crew on deck of the INTREPID in 1967!

(Original Caption) Bus Mosbacher, at the helm, skipper of the America's Cup defender, Intrepid, winner of the first three races in the America's Cup series, poses with his crew 9/17 before going out to meet the Australian challenger Dame Pattie for the fourth and possible final race.

Date created: 17 September, 1967

Another piece of my big puzzle about the Heuer Yachtings.

Cheers!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE