The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My entrée into the Valjoux 72 Carrera club

I've been a fan of the classic manual wind Carreras since shortly after I got into vintage chronos and even more so once I realized that's what James Garner was wearing in The Rockford Files. I acquired and was fairly satisfied with the very good re-issue that I owned for a while (CS3111). But being pretty much a true vintage guy I sold it in hopes I might run into the real thing. Lo and behold, on a recent vacation in Europe I did!

I realize the 2447 S 2nd Ex is not at the top of the Carrera pyramid by a long shot but I am really happy with it, all the more so for "bagging it in the wild" so to speak. Many thanks to my friend Werner who coincidentally posted on the "Albino" here not too long ago and so enabled me to know what I was looking at (Heuer not being my strongest suit and Photobucket's shenanigans not withstanding). It's an interesting footnote that it seems Rolex passed on this subtly contrasting silver-white dial design for the Daytona while Heuer embraced it. I find it quite legible as well as very attractive and needless to say I think Heuer made the right decision.

For the knowledge base this Carrera has a serial number of 92,xxx and no model number between the top lugs.
Thanks very much to Jeff & the members of On The Dash for providing such a valuable resource!
Best regards,
Tom

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE