The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Geneva Results -- What did you see?

Rich,

I obviously am a huge fan of these watches. Yours was a nice example. I don't want to say that I know what these are worth. They are a genuine rarity and the fact that Tony Hulman (owner of the Motor Speedway) gave them out as presents to his best friends and track supporters makes them very special to me. I was surprised years ago when they started to go for around $10-12,000. I sold a brand new one in its box with tags for just under $10,000 years ago and was happy to get it....although I would certainly like to have it back now. Rare watches like this are always hard to value.

Anyway, cheers and congratulations to you and Paul. I wish I could have been there to see this once in a lifetime collection in person. I have learned so much from what you and Paul have written over the years and from the detailed and beautiful photos you have posted. As a collector I know it must be a bittersweet thing to have seen these watches go but...as they say...we can't take them with us. I hope I can let my collection go before they have to bury me with it.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE