The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia 1163 MH question
In Response To: Re: Autavia 1163 MH question ()

Hey there Geeyung,

Thanks so much for the reply.

Went back to the watch shop and was able to take a couple pics of the Autavia. Did some more research last night because I felt silly after my post, and I believe this is actually a Viceroy (striped hands) and not the 1163 MH. I guess I threw myself off a little bit because I thought Viceroys had a "v" between the lugs after 1163 because I had seen that in a photo somewhere.

Everything seems to match the Viceroys here --> http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/62.Autavia/d.Automatic_Autavias/72.Reference_1163V/

Everything except...the bezel. I have no backstory and don't know if it's a replacement service bezel, or perhaps aftermarket? Bezel looks like it matches earlier Autavias, though.

Pics below (shop has it wrapped in cellophane). Not sure how much the bezel situation affects the value, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

- Ara

(PS, going back tomorrow to get more info and see if I can take a pic of the the serial, box, papers and watch sticker on back as well)

: Howdy Ara,

: Congrats on what looks like a decent find. Do you have pictures or
: can you describe the dial variant for this? I've seen prices
: range on 1163 early cases and it'll depend a lot on what
: reference it is.

: For example, at $5.3 that's a bit high for the red Viceroy Autavia
: which is based on the 1163 case style. However, $5 is about
: right for some of the orange/exotic dial variants.

: Pictures or some kind of reference point would go a long way to see
: what you've got.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE