The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: dial discussion dato 2547 2923 original/refreshed

Dear David, sure you are right thank you for the information concerning the manufacture! My theory would be that they manufactured the metal plates for example for both Valjoux 72 and 72C (In this case position of the feet should be identical - I never tried)
After signing on the back they did the cut out of the windows if they needed it for a 72C... but this is just a theory.
In anyway this will not be an indicator for a refreshed dial.

: I was trying to comment about the back of the dial. You have
: the Z.J mark for the manufacturer Flückiger in St. Imier. Left
: of that you have the reference number for the dial, normally a
: one or two digit number, followed by a space, then a four or
: five digit number.

: On your dial I can see the first part of the reference number, but
: the longer bit is entirely cut out by the date windows. Just
: seems odd, but maybe they used exactly the same dial stock as
: the standard chronograph and that explains why it's on the 12
: o'clock side.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE