The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Friday . . . My Blue Period ? ? ? 1564 Skipper Has Arrived
In Response To: TGIF - almost! ()

This Skipper 1564 arrived today, and coming out of the box, it winked at me. Yes, my second blue dial of 2018!!

Quick observations:

• 1564 must easier on the wrist (and my eyes) than the 15640 . . . for the same reason that I prefer 1163 to 11630 or 11063
  • Heuer oyster bracelet looks fantastic on this watch . . . grains of rice can feel and look a bit "light" on the 1970s C-shape cases . . . extra "beef" of this oyster bracelet gives this watch excellent balance
  • something fun about the asymmetry / colors of the recorders
  • this bezel does not like to be photographed.

This is my first 1564 . . . with only one 1563 in my collection . . . fun watch!!

What will you wear this weekend?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Thank goodness it's almost Friday!! A late day swap to one of my
: all time favorites!

:

: HAGWE! - Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE