The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monte Carlo... *PIC*

Hi,

Hoping to get some advice from knowledgable persons on this informative forum which I have already found very helpful and interesting.

My father recently gifted a Heuer timer and would like me to sell it and put the money towards my family.

He came into possession of this timer due to being a diver on the Piper Alpha oil rig in the North Sea during the mid 80's. They were obviously used as part of his work and this one was surplus to requirements...it is also unused and in perfect condition.

I have attempted to attach some pictures to this post but effectively it is a Heuer Monte Carlo timer with 2 buttons attached to a backing plate. It feels like plastic although the whole piece is quite heavy. It is boxed and in full working order and includes the unused fixing screws but no instructions or warranty card (don't know if they came with those originally anyway?) On the side of the box there is text saying:

Ref. 542 801
542 801 041
Monte-Carlo RAD
Standard

The timer face has MONTE-CARLO written at the top with HEUER just underneath. At the bottom of the face it has white numerical dial window and just above in text T

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE