The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Welcome to the club from #42!
In Response To: Oops, guilty as charged! ()

All cool and sexy sexy, Morgan!

The watch looks really cool, I know the feeling to NEEED something urgently like that. For me the one and only holiday beach and swim watch.

And yes, abrod520-who ever that is in person without say his name- said right too with "bargain-basement Sellita / DD chrono movement" - it is a 2k watch if you see the material only. Sure! BUT - that are the most watches (and less) ;) of course I wish TH would have done better with a nicer movement.

Anyway - it´s mostly the look, the demand, the rareness, the coolness and many more factors (like good movements).

You had the money to buy it for that crazy price? do! good!

I am just curious if we will see another Skipper after the 1,5yrs gentleman agreement. (remember: https://www.heuerchrono.com/heuer-watches/hodinkee-skipper/) it´s not long and the agreement is over... then maybe all are able to buy a Skipper ;)

btw - the blue Revolution clone in Bamford style I don´t like, not the same LE as the Skipper. It has no connection to anything like the Hodinkee Skipper - in color, in history, in supply and demand. Just a senseless sequel to me. But maybe it find some fans... we will see.

Enjoy Morgan and keep on rockin´!

Cheers,
Henrik

PS: #42? The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy explains that ;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE