The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Spotted on "Watch Stories" -- A Seafarer for $1.00

Crown & Caliber has a new feature, called "Watch Stories", where average guys can tell the stories of their watches. Here is where all these stories are assembled -- https://www.crownandcaliber.com/pages/watch-stories

And here's the story posted by Jay T. Stephenson, a few days ago --

Growing up in rural Nova Scotia amongst Fishermen and Paper Mill workers, I did not have the chance to see many “fancy” watches. My father to this day wears a digital Casio that my son bought for him. When I was 16 I saw my first Rolex. A friend of mine, who was from Germany, was wearing it while working with me at the Fish Plant. I was in awe. I’ve been dreaming and searching for 30+ years since. In my search, I’ve located a few watches for my son’s and my collection. Though I have yet to get my own Rolex “Pepsi”, I was able to find this gem at a Church Thrift Store. At the time, I did not know what I had. All I knew was that it was old and only $1. I took that chance. I love imagining what this Seafarer has seen and endured during its long life. Scraped up and tired but still running. Just like me. Not as nice as @HamiltonPowell ‘s but probably cheaper. Thanks for letting me share my story and for a chance for an Omega. Keep up the hunt. Time well spent. -Jay #crownandcaliber #amanandhiswatch

Yes, folks . . . a Seafarer for $1.00, and it is still running. The watches are out there . . . let's go find them!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE