The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some Poor; More Strong; and Stable is OK Too

I'm not sure that I see the hand of TAG Heuer behind this one. We know that they have a nice Skipperrera in the Museum; the Hodinkee LE sold out in minutes, and has a waiting list with hundreds of names on it; etc. The Ronnie Peterson Carrera is also long gone.

There were some bargains, especially in the 1970s automatics (Verona; Calculator; Jarama) . . . I was tempted to bid on a couple, but hadn't looked at the condition reports, etc.

We saw several records and strong results -- $12.8K for an early Solunar; over $70K for a Dark Lord; a couple of strong Monacos; etc.

I haven't reviewed the full results, but don't recall seeing any that were irrationally high (as we saw when this bubble began to be blown up, two years ago).

I'll stick with my assessment that the ones you see every day on eBay (Kentucky; etc.) do not do well at these live auctions, with the 25% buyer's premium, but this was a strong event for the vintage Heuer market.

This was a nice collection, from a well-respected collector [who really liked gold watches], and I believe that it went well.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Yes a couple of astonishing ones.

: The 7754 Skipper and the 1158CHN both reissued recently by TAG
: Heuer in small quantity. Is it a coincidence that those are the
: stand out results, call me an old fashioned cynical fool if you
: like 😂

: Otherwise average results and even some very poor ones.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE