The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
"poor man's Heuer-Glycine" Carrera 12 Dato

the rarest of rare - made by Heuer with 100% Heuer parts

"poor man's Heuer-Glycine" Carrera 12 Dato

The “Poor Man’s Heuer” denotes a watch manufactured by Heuer, often bearing a striking resemblance to a blue-chip Heuer model (e.g., the Carrera or Camaro), yet retailed under a different name.

Strictly speaking a "poor man's Heuer" is a watch which has been manufactured by Heuer for a different brand, using some of the same components -- case and movements -- as Heuers but sold under a different name.

Poor Man's Carrera 12 Datos are manual-wind, triple calendar, three-register chronographs, made by Heuer, that are identical to the comparable Heuers, other than the names on the dial and movement; Valjoux 723 movement.

The Glycine Carrera 12 Dato is by far the rarest of all the "Poor Man’s Heuer"

It has the original Carrera case refernce 2547 S rare First execution with the rare "fat lugs", First execution Carrera 12 Dato (Reference 2547) S has wide lugs; white dial and registers; screw-back case .
It has also the Heuer Valjoux 72 movement with the typical curved bridge that can only be found Heuer chronographs and the same Heuer Carrera dial, signed with "Glycine".

I've only seen 2 pieces in 30 years collectible on the worldwide watch market, and I search 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

To see what I write, please take a look at the comparison pictures below.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE