The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Non heuer related but watch passion related...

Hi all,

Some guys of the Heuer community know me, others don't.

I'm more of a reader than a poster but this time I wanted to post something. I'm currently 29 and I have been passionate, collecting watches for about 10 years. I love both modern and vintage, I love aethetics, simplicity, form follows function.
After becoming a member, and partially running the Belgium Watch Club, I decided to take on another project. In December 2016 I started drawing out my own watch. A watch that had to represent what I like, something I wanted to offer to the watch community.

After an exhausting search for the right manufacturers, suppliers, photographers etc. I was able to produce some prototypes. Not an easy task because almost every component is being manufactured by another workshop/factory.
I'm now able to show the result.

I've chosen for a dive watch, reason is that it involves a less complex movement, it's a main characteristic of what I really love, I am a diver myself, I do love tool watches combined with a certain cool flair. I felt a dive watch was a great way to start a collection to offer.

During my passion, visiting fairs etc. I noticed that most of the well known watch brands don't produce in house anymore. Most of the parts are outsourced. Somehow I felt this was something I could do as well. Another thing that has driven me is the fact that there are many heritage pieces being released lately, yet, as a passionate collector I often felt something was wrong, be it the case size, the lack of lugholes, an unbalanced dial, ... Something I felt could be done way better. It just seemed as if the people behind the design were not passionate enough. There are good ones offcourse!
And then there's the vintage market which is at an all time high, attracting investors from outside of the watch community, resulting in prices that keep going up, pieces become too hard to obtain for young collectors who enjoy the design of vintage pieces.

So I took on a challenge and ended up with this result, I call my project "Méraud" and it's inaugural piece will be the "Bonaire".
Available in 3 options, "Onyx Black" gloss black dial with faux patina, "Marine Blue" sunburst blue dial and "Graphite Grey", a sunburst grey dial.

Sorry to post in between Heuer posts, but it feels good to finally post about it after working on it for such a long time.

If this post would be inappropriate I completely understand in case it gets moved.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE