The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Beware of Monaco imposters!
In Response To: Beware of Monaco imposters! ()

Hi Ron,

Thanks for letting us know.

It makes me wonder why these bums are targeting people interested in Monaco. It may be that Monaco has 3 important characteristics:
-high price
-frequently offered on ebay
-many bidders

In contrary to Rolexes, Monaco has one more advantage: they are for the most part a nice watch and one would not think that cheaters would use them as a device. For example, I'd be much more careful about cheaters of any kind, if I looked for a vintage Paul Newman Daytona than a Monaco.

Another thing I can't understand very well is all this talk about "stolen ebay ID". Well I don't think it's that easy to steal an ebay ID. And even if one hacks the password, the original owner can always inform ebay so they deactivate his account. Call me suspicious, but I believe some of these "stolen IDs" are "sold IDs" for a nice sum of money.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE