|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
Hi, what (I think) I know so far:
In the beginning Carrera watches were delivered with unsigned crowns. On later Carreras the crowns were signed with Heuer.
Few questions about that topic:
- Was the diameter / thickness of the unsigned crowns different from the later ones?
- Had all first ex Carreras the unsigned crowns or changed Heuer the crowns during the production time of the first ex?
- If yes can the beginning of the change be specified by serial numbers or production year?
- Is there a write up on this topic or the sizes of the different crowns ( diameter, thickness, tube, stem)?
- Does someone know a crown (generic or contemporary) which looks quite exactely as the original one and could be used for replacing an unsigned original crown?
Please email me to email@example.com or post here
Any kind of help is highly appreciated, thanks for your time!