The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tag Heuer Marketing

So after I got through reading my F1 magazine(read the following post first), I get around to the October WatchTime issue. On the last page, called "The Last Minute", is an editorial by Joe Thompson(who lives in CT, BTW) about how Tag Heuer stole Tiger Woods away from Rolex and what a great marketing job they are doing with him. Apparently Rolex never utilized Tiger in his full starring capable roll with the luxo brand Rolex, but relegated him to the lesser sibling brand, Tudor.

I hope everyone has seen the newest TV ad with Tiger hitting a golf ball and having a Formula One race car try to beat it through the streets of Monaco,Italy. Good stuff.

LVMH, which owns Tag Heuer, has brought back Jack Heuer and named him Honorary Chairman, and put him on the product development team. This should bode well for the future as "the heritage is fundamental to the future of the brand" were the words spoken by LVMH CEO of Tag Heuer Daniel Lalonde said.

Hope they are listening to this group. Maybe we could get on that product development team also.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE