The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Kaplans Autavia 2446 (“Rindt”) -- High Resolution Photos

Here's a high resolution image of the "Siffert", and it looks OK to me. Better than OK, in fact -- dial, hands and all the lume look good!! And I'm guessing that the bezel will look better on your wrist than it does in this photo.

Of course, impossible to tell about the condition of the case, from this one photo.

One thing to consider -- a few months ago, I was enthusiastic about bidding on a watch in a Kaplans auction . . . ready to bid big money for it. One day before the auction, there were no online bids for the watch, the seller got nervous, and the watch was withdrawn from the auction. Kaplans was pissed; I was pissed; but the consignor had the last say in the event. So maybe put some sort of bid on it, just so that you don;t see this happen again.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Kaplan’s auction this weekend and there are still no online bids
: on the 2446. What’s wrong with it?

:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE