The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
At $5,800, I Expect the New Viceory to be a Slow Seller

It's hard to imagine this new Viceroy version of the Autavia selling well at $5,800 . . .

For an extra $200, you can have the Hodinkee Orange Boy, which looks a lot better to my eye. And of course, we will have the "overhang" of the vintage Viceroys selling at a discount to the new model.

Assuming that TAG Heuer will be successful in selling some of these Viceroys, it will be interesting to see what happens in terms of the "street" pricing. Perhaps the Limited Distribution of the Hodinkee model, and the commitment that people feel to the Hodinkee brand, result in prices for the Orange Boy remaining stable (or even rising over time) . . . hard to imagine the new TAG Heuer Viceroy doing as well.

But the folks at TAG Heuer must have better information about what can be expected to sell . . . right?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello Jeff, hi all,

: the new Autavia is not bad (even if, honestly, I think all these
: modern re-edition are quite boring after a while), but I am
: wondering why a person should spend 5800 USD when you can buy a
: minty and original vintage one for around 4000 Euro...

: Same story happened with the Siffert Autavia re-edition CY2110 from
: 2003, at that time 3000 Euro (the price list) was a huge amount
: of money and for a few more probably you could buy the original
: one... we all know the CY2110 had been a flop (even if to my
: eyes is one of the most beautiful modern chronograph TAGHeuer
: ever made).

: My 2 cents.

: Gianluca

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE