The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Help with Heuer 13-1 Black PVD Chronograph *PICs*

Mathis, thank you very much for your reply.

But wouldn´t it be much much easier to just buy one of the many others directly available from other brands with the 13 1 on the caseback?

And use those to built like you say, a franken watch?

This would make a lot more sense to me instead of creating a "new" caseback design, which (good example is this discussion here) would of course be flagged by collectors?

Does this makes sense to you?

Just because I only showed 4 with this caseback style does not mean that these watches are not original.

And again, I know the former owner of the watch, I know the jeweller where the watch was bought, there is no "watch-building" in between these facts.

Hopefully we get some more contributions to this topic.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hermann

---

----

: You have found four watches, including your own, with incorrect
: markings on the caseback. Three of them seem to have heavily
: brushed casebacks - possibly to try to remove the obvious
: incorrect "automatic" marking. The reason they all
: have Heuer on the dial is that it is the only brand of the ones
: you mentioned that will effect the monetary value when putting
: together a franken watch.

: Sorry Hermann, others might agree with you, but you won't convince
: me.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE