The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good Perspective . . .

Good perspective . . . a 20% pull-back from an asset / investment / collectible that has doubled / tripled / whatever over the past few years is not so bad.

And of course the collectors have the pleasure of hunting / wearing / enjoying the watches.

I find it hard to believe that many of the serious collectors will be heeding Mr. Reardon's advice to sell, at current prices.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I suppose it really depends on what your time horizon is. A lot of
: us here have been collecting Heuer for well over a decade, so
: the value of our watches have increased most assuredly 2-3x over
: the last 3-5 years, and in some cases 5-7x to the purchase price
: 10 years ago. Let's not forget how hard it is to top tick the
: market.

: I mostly collect 1960s Carreras, and I feel like there has been a
: 20% pull back on these in the last 12 months. It's much smaller
: money compared to some of the higher value Autavias, so I'm less
: concerned. I sold a number of Carreras this past September and
: was very happy with the prices achieved.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE