The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
TAG Heuer Carrera CS 3111 (1996 Re-Issue)

I'm a big fan of the TAG Heuer Carrera CS 3111, the first re-issue of the Carrera, from 1996 (on the left in the photo below).

It's close to a one-for-one copy of the original model from 1964, which is a good thing. Key differences are the change in the movement (with the Lemania being a worthy successor) and the absence of the "Carrera" on the dial. But this watch wears very much like the original . . . for me, a great "grab and go" watch, for the days when you prefer not to wear the vintage original.

Regarding the Fragment Design Carrera (on the right), I'm a big fan of this one as well. It's a very different watch from the original Carrera from 1964 and the re-issue from 1996, but I like it a lot. Automatic Heuer 02 movement; over 80 hours power reserve; very accurate timekeeper; glassbox construction, with sapphire crystal . . . also a good "grab and go" watch. The Fragment Design thunderbolts have never bothered me.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I only own the white dialled sibling but I’v always loved this
: version too.
: It’s so well made and balanced, I only seem to find positive
: features.
: Indeed compared to the more recent and surely much more glamorous
: version it also has the right size and the hour markers. Then I
: am not the only one who’s found that SS logo sinister - I was
: surprised no-one mentioned that beforehand.
: They could have made an effort to make it more different surely!
: Cheers,
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE