The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
#Chronomatic50 -- Thanks, Everyone!!

Thanks to everyone who helped make our #Chronomatic50 celebration such a success.

Let me just paste below what I posted in this OnTheDash posting -- http://www.onthedash.com/chronomatic50-live-updates/

It all started in mid-January, when Fred and I realized that the 50th anniversary of the announcement of the Chronomatic movement was only a few weeks away. And the same way that Heuer and Breitling collaborated in the late 1960s, we thought that it would be fun to collaborate on this celebration.

Now that we are at the end of the celebration (or at least the first week of the celebration), I believe that I can also speak for Fred in saying that this event has been a pleasure, all along the way. We have had just over 700 postings with the #Chronomatic50 hashtag, and they have covered the full range of these watches. It’s difficult to think of a Heuer, Breitling, Hamilton or Buren model powered by the Chronomatic movement that hasn’t been posted, from the most common models to the very rare prototypes or test dials. We have seen the models for racers, pilots, skippers, soldiers, navigators, divers, engineers, and the list goes on and on.

We have also enjoyed the “grass roots” nature of this celebration. Without any detailed plans to promote or publicize the event, it feels like everyone who might have wanted to participate in the celebration heard about it, and so many vintage enthusiasts have posted amazing photos of their watches. In addition to the watches and the movements, we have seen advertisements, catalogs, instructions, boxes and just about everything else related to the Chronomatics.

The media also noticed this event. Scroll down this page, and you will see that #Chronomatic50 was covered by Fratello, Revolution and Hodinkee.

So thanks to everyone who made #Chronomatic50 such an amazing event. Let’s all catch our breaths and then we’ll find something else to celebrate!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE