The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tradition Rallygraf
In Response To: Tradition rallygraf? ()

Hello Michael,

There are 2 versions of the Tradition Rallygraf.
The most common one is powered by a Valjoux 7736. (But not really common.)

The nicest one is powered by a Valjoux 72, and it looks just like the Yema in the picture, and most likely the first edition.
I have only seen one, besides the one I owned.

LeJour, too, had a version of the same piece, just as a few other companies did, including Techron, Le Chasseur, Eisenhardt, and most likely a few others.

I've owned a few of those over the years, but sadly, years ago, I lost thousands of images while using Windows based machines, including the ones of the Rallygrafs.

The Valjoux 72 powered Tradition, is the only one I kind of wish I still had. I've never been a big fan of the dial.
I do like the LeJour pieces housed in the same case as the Rallygraf Super, powered by a Valjoux 72 and 7736.

I would say they were all put together by Yema.

Regards

Messages In This Thread

Tradition rallygraf?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE