The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Both options realistic

Hi Mich, first of all congratulations, that case is such a beauty - so clean and perfect lines, not a single hairline to be seen anywhere. Not a Monaco fan here, but although I would not buy or wear it personally, that deserves its share of accolade.
I agree, all cal.11 etc. cases that we've seen over the years have much "rawer" lettering for serial and model numbers. This one almost seems laser etched instead. And no signs of wear from the bracelet at all.
Both your suggestions sound realistic to me, and maybe you could query the TH vintage dept. to confirm the second? If it is such a late work, they may have some records of it, especially if they've gone as far as re-etching the original SN. I have read Omega does this, i.e. when they change a case they write the original SN on the new one so that the movement-case pairing still matches - maybe it's a standard industry practice?
Ein schoenes Wochenende,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE