The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Scammers on Chronotrader
In Response To: Re: Scammers on Chronotrader ()

: Hi Bernard,

: Agree - it’s getting out of control. The site either needs a
: moderator or a switch to a modern forum platform where sellers
: need an account and x number of posts before they can advertise.

: Only saving grace is that most scammers stupidly advertise exotic
: watches at half price which is always a giveaway ;)

Perhaps I am naive but don’t think it’s gotten any worse than it has been over the past few years. I almost immediately delete any post that is for a Rolex or other non-tool watch. That is the first indication that you are dealing with a scammer.

After that well, it’s just a case of buying the seller. If they are unfriendly then move on. I would though laugh out loud though at the suggestion shipping before payment clears. Though I would courteously decline that condition of the sale and attempt to provide an amicable solution. Unless the buyer was Jeff or a few others on here that would never be acceptable to me as a seller. I can only imagine the scammer-fest that would occur if that was a mainstream transaction method.

Thanks,

Justin B

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE