The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Personally, I don't mind this new discussion piece...

...it's not for me but I think it looks kind of fun and colourful, taking it on it's own merits.

Certainly it is design over function and, on viewing it in relation to the Skipper-esque history in Heuer, it looks like another attempt to cash-in on an association with a recognised and highly-regarded part of Heuer history.....and as we've seen before, misses the point. (I'm not convinced that would/should concern Bamford though, they exist to make things look pretty.)

S

: things only painted like my kids would do much much better.

: I am the only one missing style on the bamforded watches?

: Or maybe it´s a feature I can´t understand, like the Alex
: Monopoly fiddle-faddle.

: Or maybe I am not the target group.

: Or maybe I only like well designed, cool toolwatches.
:
: How you guys like it? Am I completely wrong?

: So what we have here: Skippercolors on a not Skipper register
: Monaco... ok, we had that fail on the hodinkee Skipper too but
: that was made with love.

: But I hope it´s just a design study for a nice christmas card...

: don´t get me wrong, only my 2 cents.

:

: PS: god thanks it´s NOT #3 of the 5 Monacos ;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE