The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 2000 Quartz Chronograph
In Response To: Jim Nichol's Latest Purchase ()

This watch is one of the very last models that Heuer produced under its own brand before the Tag merger. It is a PVD black coated chronograph model 283.306 which places it at about 1982-1984 vintage. It is on the large size at 39mm across not including the crown. 43mm lug to lug. 11 mm thick. Weighs in at about 100 grams. The watch is marked to be waterproof to 60 meters or 200 feet(whichever comes first I guess).

The watch was just overhauled and it had new re-luminous hands installed during the service which gives the dial a nice crisp look. There is just the right amount of scuffing on the case to give it a quality used look. This also takes away the fear of further scrathes from use.

So, I know it has a "Quartz" movement so I anticipate it is somewhat out of favor among this crowd but it is a very cool model which is hardly ever seen up for sale. I don't know much about these movements so is there anyone out there that can help fill in the details? I like it alot and will probably wear it often as I think it will be very sturdy. This makes a great addition to my other Heuers and chronographs.

Any other info about the watch would be helpful.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE