The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: My Seamaster Chronostop
In Response To: My Seamaster Chronostop ()

: I'm trying to find the serial number on my Seamaster but I'm
: struggling

:
:

: It's a 145 007

This is the model number, which you can look up in the Omega database.

:
:

: with movement type 865

:
:

: Which this site says was made between 1966 to 1968? However, where
: is the serial number?

:
:

: Could this be it? I struggling to read the number
: 27056838/27055838/27058838? None of them return anything in the
: omega database.

That is the serial number. The Omega database does not have serial numbers. Omega serial numbers were assigned in sequences to calibre numbers; thus, the neighboring serial numbers will all be caliber 865. You can inquire (and pay) to get Omega to look up the serial number and they can tell you when it left the factory.

Omega has a chart giving the approximate dates of when serial numbers were used. It is an approximate date and there are many reasons why a date a watch was purchased can be much later.

:
:

: There was was something on the inside of the back but I can't make
: it out

Messages In This Thread

My Seamaster Chronostop
Re: My Seamaster Chronostop
Re: My Seamaster Chronostop *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE