The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A discussion forum for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for DISCUSSING tool type watches within following categories:
Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings. No FOR SALE, WANT TO TRADE and other ADs--they belong in our ChronoTrader Sales Forum.

Tudor oysterdate chrono....Help!

Hi fellas,

New here, but heard that you guys were the good sort, and clever too ;)

I have had my eye on the Tudor Oysterdate chrono Big block lately.
I found one (I thought) in a local shop and made an agreement with the shop owner to hold it for me.

Now being new in tudors, I was sure that the modern versions were tudor prince date, and anything that said oysterdate was a big block.
wrong I was apparently.

I was in the shop, and I honestly love the look of the watch, but I always thought it looked more rounded on the case sides and had different crown guards than a normal big block, however, no matter how much I search, I can only find the dial that "my watch" has, in old big blocks.

Now The more I look at this fella, I realize that it's not a big block, but some version that must have been released between the big block and the prince 79260.
basically a 79260 with oyster bracelet, brushed lugs, a sunburst oysterdate dial and rolex crown....??? (and could this have plexi or saphire)....I feel so stupid for being in the damn shop and starring myself blind at these details because I thought I knew what I was looking at.
Now my dilemma is this. I do like the watch, but knowing the price difference of big blocks and the later prince 79260, I am now not sure if the price I would be paying is a decent price anylonger, as I have nothing to compare with.....is it even original with a prince style case with sunburst oyster dial or was it installed after......

Here's the watch I am looking at:

Here's the closest I can find to the watch I am looking at buying. (notice the prince dial) :

And finally the big block:

Tudor experts.....help .......

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE