The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A discussion forum for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for DISCUSSING tool type watches within following categories:
Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings. No FOR SALE, WANT TO TRADE and other ADs--they belong in our ChronoTrader Sales Forum.

Hello guys. Thanks for the invitation... [also copied from Zowie]

Over at Zowie, Jeff Stein quoted Isthmus on what a tool watch is. Chuck made an addendum. Now Isthmus himself has added some thoughts, repeated below.

Isthmus's post from Zowie on the "Definition of a Tool Watch"

I'd like to thank Jeff personally for the invitation to join you forum and this discussion.

I'm flattered that you guys would think that my definition is good enough for your site. Obviously these are my personal views and I never expected them to be a standard definition. Please, If you feel that it can be somehow be modified to be made more accurate feel free to play with it as you wish.

Regarding my recent correspondence with Jeff, If I had anything to add to that description it would be a small caveat:

" - Not always are the more popular materials used in a tool (such as, in the case of watches, stainless steel and/or sapphire crystals) best suited for it's intended specific use (other than telling). Often times materials that some would consider "lesser" are actually better suited for the intended job and make for a better tool."

Thanks again for the invitation and for thnking my little post worthy of revisiting.

take care,

Isthmus

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE