The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: January 1972 Seiko 6139 6005 True Pogue

On offer's a watch I didn't imagine I'd be letting go of, but I just don't get to it enough.

CASE: 41mm steel tonneau case is in good, unpolished shape, with the original brushing evident on top and the original polishing on the sides. The serial numbers and reference are clear on the caseback, and it has been personalized (which, conveniently, confirms the serial dating). The original bracelet has 5 removable link and should fit up to a 7.5" or so inch wrist; the end links have folded-over edges, which I've read is earlier, if that's your thing. The pepsi bezel is in excellent condition, the internal bezel rotates as it should, and the original mineral crystal is scuffed.

DIAL+HANDS: All original and untouched. The only real flaw I can see is the slight rubbing around the edge of the subdial at 6. Otherwise everything is pretty incredible and, again, all original, with all lume bright, matching, and fading identically quickly after being activated.

MVMT: This was serviced three months ago; I'll provide the buyer with the details, receipt, and warranty. The watch is functioning perfectly, keeping excellent time, with the chrono starting/stopping/resetting crisply, and the quickset date and day both operating as they should.

This feels slightly bonkers, but the price, unless I'm missing something, should be $3000 USD; a better Pogue went for a few hundred more than that on ebay recently, and several much worse ones have sold for $2500+ in the last several months. I'm certainly open to reasonable offers, but stress *reasonable*. Please let me know if you have questions, and I'm happy to provide as many references as you'd like (I'm @wescutter on IG if that's useful). Thanks for looking, and thanks to Jeff/CT for the space and community.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE