The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Bad/Good news...
In Response To: Heuer Pasadena ()

I just received a Heuer Pasadena chrono automatic (#750.051) with black steel case and band and mineral crystal from about 1978-79.

I think you mean 750.501 not .051.

But congratulations!

It has day and date at the 3 o'clock position. Excellent condition. Does anyone know what it might be worth??? Thanks. J

Well, I own two of them, well... Actually, I own these two below:
Yeah, those two... The one on the right (Day-Date) was the first one I bought, and I paid $405 or so for it back in February/March of 1999, the one on the left (Date only) was a "I can't let one of those go for anything less than $450" eBay bids, and I won it for $425 and shipping charges in June or July of 1999. That's the Bad news...

The Good News, is that for some reason, the Pasadena's have been crawling out of the wood work on eBay the past two months and have been going for $800-900 for some reason. I mean I understand why, because they are great watches, but it's weird... For a couple of years if one was listed you could snap it up for under $500 and now you have to be ready to pay twice as much.

Do a completed auction search on "Heuer Pasadena" (both Title's and Descriptions) to see what I mean.

I'll end this with a picture of my Stainless "Non-Pasadena" Pasadena:

Man, these really are great watches!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Pasadena
The Bad/Good news...
Re: The Bad/Good news...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE