The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Autavia Chrono and Dash Mount Set

Hi all,

I'm certain TAG will eventually release the Autavia stopwatches from the newly released boxed set.

There would be reasonable costs in setting up tooling for the manufacture of these, and commercially they would be looking to extend their range into a new product line "category" ie dash mount stopwatches.

They will do nicely profit wise out of the exorbitant prices they have set for that limited edition boxed set, and will see potential extra profits in re-releasing this range.

I remember when I bought my first series Monaco re-edition, I was assured by the dealer and by a phone call to my country's TAG office that these were a limited edition only, and would not be released again, thus a rare opportunity to buy a new Monaco.

So a year or so later TAG brought out another series of Monacos, this time not numbered and available everywhere, in my opinion lessening the rarity of the Monaco sold to me as an unrepeatable limited edition. The current TAG Heuer Monacos sadly are a poor replica of the Monacos, I feel.

I'm positive once they have sold these sets the dash mount watches will make a reappearance, but with a Mastertime to match the "Autavia" stopwatch. Hopefully they will be a faithfull reproduction of the originals.

Cheers to all

Stewart.
Australia.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE