The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good to See the Viceroy Getting Some Attention

When someone asks me -- "What is an ideal "entry-level" or first Heuer chronograph?" -- I am always happy to recommend the Viceroy. In many senses, this is the watch that put Heuer on the map for racers in the early 1970s.

A great looking watch, with an interesting back-story . . . you can find a fair number of them listed for sale on eBay and other sites . . . and the prices are OK, at least compared with many of the other vintage Heuer chronographs.

Thanks for posting this . . . good to see some of the research that I conducted and published several years ago reaching today's readers!!

For the full Viceroy story, see the Hodinkee posting from 2015, here -- https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ode-to-smoke

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: All of you who are car nuts as well as watch enthusiasts probably
: know Octane and have read the piece on the Viceroy. For the
: others: since C&D and R&T drifted to new cars and pictures
: instead of written words, Octane has been my favorite magazine
: on collector cars. With their regular pieces on watches they
: have always entertained and sometimes guided me to previously
: unknown (to me!) weird/nutty pieces far off the usual line such
: as Vostok Amphibia and Seiko SGDA001. In the recent issue #216
: they covered the Heuer Autavia Viceroy.

: Cheers from Old Europe
: Richard

Messages In This Thread

Octane #216 on Heuer Viceroy *PIC*
Good to See the Viceroy Getting Some Attention
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE