The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Not-So-Scientific Survey of 25 Samples

My not so scientific survey of 25 samples shows the following:

• Bundeswehr on 23 watches
  • Bund on 1 watch
  • B.W. on 1 watch
These samples include the ones with 3H on the dial, the plain ones, several SZ samples and even a couple of Sinns.

My advice on buying a Bund -- find an expert and trust them. Becoming an expert yourself and getting comfortable with a particular watch can be difficult.

Good luck with your search!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi, yes I've seen a number of examples with 'BUND' before, or
: 'B.W.' as you say, so I don't see it as an issue. Here are a
: couple-
:
: https://bulangandsons.com/products/heuer-bundeswehr-3h-flyback-military-chronograph
:
: https://www.uhren-muser.de/en/53356/heuer-leonidas-bundeswehr-a-large-vintage-military-flyback-chronograph-of-the-german-air-force-bunde#&gid=null&pid=3

: but I've no doubt more examples could be found quite easily. 'Bund'
: is also commonly used as an abbreviation of 'Bundeswehr' (the
: 1550 is often referred to as the 'Heuer Bund') so no problem
: there.

: Of course I'm only answering your direct question and can't vouch
: for any other aspects of the watch!
: Thanks, Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE